STITCH YOUR STRESS AWAY

SEWING AND FINDING YOUR PASSION
It’s been a while since I got out the sewing machine. Well, it actually stays out. My son’s bedroom is now my sewing/office/photo storage/wrapping paper room. Just sharing this as a little voice of hope for you young mama’s out there. They do grow up and leave and you can reclaim their room.


Why did I start sewing? I don’t think I’m particularly gifted at sewing. I just loved it from the minute my mother-in-law gave me a sewing machine as I went off to college. Being a typical late sixties teen, I didn’t take Home Economics during high school declaring I would do more than cook and clean for the rest of my life. Little did we (my sixties peeps) know, no matter what career choice we took, cooking and cleaning would still be part of the equation. Oh well, I did figure out both to some degree without taking the class.